4. Day of the Fund Raiser:
- A prearranged time should be set with our sales staff for a member of your group to meet with our BBQ Chef on the day of the event.
- Electricity must be available immediately upon arrival.
5. Worker Hints:
- Have Fun: Make sure the members of your group are smiling, up selling, and promoting sales to your customers with their positive attitudes.
- It helps to arrive one half (1/2) hour before serving time.
- It is recommended that three (3) or four (4) adults are present throughout the serving hours.
- Have a table available on which to work and distribute the product.
- Have a container available for the collection of coupons/tickets.
- Have a cash box available for on-site sales if needed. (please remember to bring start up change).
- Be a good tenant. Remember that you are borrowing the location of your fund raiser, when the event is over--pickup trash, leave the area in the same condition as when you arrived.
6. Honor Your Commitment to Your Customers:
- It is important for you to remember that you have pre-sold tickets and stated that you will be at the location from a beginning to an end time. Please be sure and follow through on this commitment.
- You need to have a representative from your group remain at the location until your ending time to take care of customers. This will enable your group to capitalize on additional sales in case there is product left over that was pre-sold and not picked up.
- Keeping track of your pre-sold tickets versus the number turned in on the day of the event is crucial to the success of your fund raiser.
7. Food Handling Safety Tips:
- One person wearing the gloves handles the product.
- The person with the gloves then places the product in the packaging and passes it to the worker who then closes the container and gives the product to the customer.
8. Insulated Containers:
- The lid of the container should remain closed as much as possible to keep the product hot.
- You must maintain a temperature of 141 degrees or higher at all times.
- Metro will provide an insulated container while your BBQ Chef is on-site.
- Metro will also provide disposable hot boxes for any product left at the end of the sale at no additional charge.
Keeping track of your pre-sold tickets--versus number turned in on the day of the event is crucial to the success of your fund raiser.
This page was last updated: May 7, 2018